A week ago I attended the Spilt Milk Music Festival in Canberra, a celebration of music, art and food that takes place annually at Commonwealth Park. It is also a time where Canberrans and other Australians can freely express themselves in their clothes and makeup. As the sun shifted from behind the clouds on Sunday the 17th of November streams of people walked past, some dressed in decadent glittery outfits, their skirts and bras shimmering in the sun, others embracing their inner hippie dressed in skirts, cowboy boots and lace. One boy wore a cape adorned in glitter that shined as he danced through the crowd while another was dressed as Luigi, looking for Mario, his partner in crime. Some people have glitter streaking their face or beards while others used their skills to create rainbow inspired eyes, the colours blending seamlessly together. Others rocked the classic cat eye or beautiful fake eyelashes that gave them doll like eyes. Using their creativity for inspiration this is my list of Festival Favourites, products I have tried, used and loved
- Moondust Eyeshadow Palette by Urban Decay: This palette comes with eight dreamy, sparkly shades that will have you dreaming of space. The shades, Specter, Element, Magnetic, Lightyear, Granite, Lithium, Vega and Galaxy, range from a baby pink to a beautiful grey. They can be used together or with other palettes for a unique look. The colours need to be built up for the full effect or applied wet to make the pigment appear. Use a brush to apply the shades for a subtler look.
- Stila Shimmer and Glow Liquid Eyeshadows: These little beauties are multi-tasking at its best. They are incredibly pigmented, shimmery liquid eyeshadow that stays all day on your eyelids. They can also be used as liquid eyeliner, applied in the inner corners of the eyes or applied as a super glittery highlighter. Stila has created a large range of colours for every occasion and mood.
- Too Faced Glitter POP! Peel Off Eyeliner: Too Faced created some beautiful and bold eyeliners that can be worn alone or layered together for an intense look. Easy to apply and remove these eyeliners come in eight colours. Add it to an already sparkly eye to make the look more intense.
- Sportsgirl Mermaid Tears Glitter Gel for the Face and Body: This gel is a festival lifesaver. It can be used on the body or face to add a bit of holographic sparkle. It can also be used to help hold down loose glitter. It isn’t too sticky and has a light sweet smell.
- Too Faced Sketch Marker eyeliner in She Told Little White Lies: Take the classic cat eye and put a spin on it for a bit of fun.
Love, Erin xx