Turning 21 marks the start of something new so it’s no wonder we like to celebrate in style to say goodbye to the old. This means finding the perfect outfit and having amazing makeup so on the big night you feel like a star.
I got my nails done, my hair cut and a professional fake tan done but I decided to do my own makeup for my 21st, to save money and test out my skills. My outfit would be doing all the talking, but that didn’t mean my makeup had to be plain and boring. After a few test runs I finally decided on something simple but sparkly; something that represents me.
As the party season begins, glittery makeup is always beautiful; but how do you pull it off without looking like a disco ball? Here’s an 14 step guide on how to do my simple glittery look!
1. Starting with a bare face, I applied moisturizer and then a illuminating primer to brighten my skin. Meccas Illuminating Primer is always a good one to use!
2. Concealer was applied under eyes, on the eyelids and to cover any blemishes. I used M.A.C Pro Longwear Concealer in NW25.
3. Using my favourite beauty hack; I placed an inch of sticky tape underneath my bottom lashes at the outer corner of my eyes, angling upwards. Then, using Stila’s liquid eye shadows in Diamond Dust, I dabbed the glitter onto the eye lid, slowly building until I was happy with the glitter effect.
4. Black liquid eyeliner was then applied along the top of my eye lashes to darken them. I used Stilas liquid eyeliner; the brush is the perfect thickness for creating a barely there line.
5. I applied another layer of concealer to hide any fall out from the glitter and to make the skin look flawless.
6. My foundation was buffed in using a kabuki brush for a flawless finish. NARS Sheer Glow Foundation is my favourite at the moment, it provides the perfect amount of coverage and is buildable. I use shade Light 4.
7. I then applied powder foundation to set my makeup. When partying you don’t want your makeup to move! I use MAC Studio Fix Powder in NW22.
8. Using a bronzer brush, I contoured using a Too Faced bronzer and applied Kylie Cosmetics Baddie on the Block Blush to the high points of the face, not the apples of the cheeks. This gave my skin a more natural flush.
9. Then I applied ColourPops Super Shock Highlighter in Part of Your World on the cupids bow and the high points of the cheek bones.
10. I filled in and define eyebrows using an eyebrow pencil. I use the Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil in 2. Because I had my hair up I wanted them to frame my face and be a bit bolder than usual.
11. After curling my eyelashes I applied two coats of mascara. I use Stila’s Huge Extreme Lash Mascara.
12. Using a pair of tweezers and a magnification mirror, I applied Inglots Individual Eyelashes on the end of my eyes for a subtle but sweet flick!
13. After applying the MAC x Pony Park Plumping Lip Gloss and waiting a few moments for that sweet tingle, I applied the ColourPop Disney Designer lip gloss in Boo, a beautiful rose pink to compliment my outfit.
14. Finally, I set the final look with Urban Decay All Night Setting Spray to ensure it doesn’t move!
Without being too OTT my makeup still caught attention and made me feel good. I hope this inspires you to try something new for the party season!
Love, Erin xx